PLCAO Online Forums

It is currently August 7th, 2020, 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: REVERSE THE PESTICIDE BAN
PostPosted: May 1st, 2009, 9:11 am 

REVERSE THE PESTICIDE BAN
from http://www.randyhillier.com

The Problem
Dalton McGuinty’s Liberal government has banned the cosmetic use of federally approved pesticides. There are 1300 Licensed Lawn care businesses with 21000 employee’s that are facing closure and layoffs due to this legislation.

Randy’s Solution
Reverse the province-wide pesticide ban while continuing to allow municipalities to decide what works best for their community.

Background
  • Health Canada has tested these products and allows for their sale and use.
  • The province-wide pesticide ban is based on public pressure not science and is putting people out of work at the worst time. Ontario’s economy is losing tens of thousands of jobs and the governments regulations are only making it worse.
  • The provincial economy will lose $1.3 Billion dollars of economic activity.
  • The provincial ban over-rules local laws that have already been passed which work best for those municipalities.
  • More than 250 pesticide products are banned for sale and use however, they are permitted for use in agriculture and on the food we eat.
  • There are no exceptions for pest infestations, yet there are exceptions for sporting events and golf courses. These regulations make no sense. It’s simply the government bending to special interest groups and their propaganda disguised as science.

In order to support Randy in his efforts to revers this terrible legislation you must a member of the PC Party of Ontario by May 14, and you must cast a ballot for Randy on June 21 or June 25. Your support and assistance can be registered through http://www.randyhillier.com

Thank you,

Dave Shostal
for the Randy Hillier Campaign Team

Post subject: Re: REVERSE THE PESTICIDE BAN
PostPosted: May 2nd, 2009, 7:15 pm 

I know it will probably do no good but I am now a member of the PC Party.

Post subject: Re: REVERSE THE PESTICIDE BAN
PostPosted: May 5th, 2009, 8:53 pm 

While reversing the ban is a good idea and one in which I would support. I do not see how allowing the communities to decide is going to be any better than the ban itself. Alot of municipalities did not introduce a ban because the provincial one was coming and if you get rid of the provincial ban than all the municipalities (urban) would just institute their own ban. So I do not see how your solution would benefit us that much.